The Buddhist Studies Program is designed for people who have attended three or more mindfulness meditation retreats and have a commitment to daily meditation practice. The course includes dharma talks, small and large group discussions, and guided sitting time. Participants will be expected to use the teachings as a focus of their meditation and daily life practice. Led by Mark Nunberg.
Welcome to folks participating from out of town! All Common Ground programs are offered freely in the spirit of generosity. To learn more about supporting the center and our teachers, click here.
Mindfulness of Breathing
Please join in for this 8 week course examining the Buddha’s 16 instructions for mindfulness of breathing. This set of teachings has been wrongly described as preliminary instructions, but is actually a complete map for the whole path of awakening. Following these instructions also opens the heart to an organic and lawful progression of inner joy and peace. Led by Mark Nunberg, Wynn Fricke, Shelly Graf, Gabe Keller-Flores and Ramesh Sairam.
Eight Mondays, July 2 – August 20, 7:30 – 9:00 p.m., Optional Sitting Period, 7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Register here
- Mindfulness of Breathing in the Samyukta-agama by Venerable Analayo
- The Buddha’s 16 Instructions for Mindfulness of Breathing and Commentary from Contemporary Dharma Teachers
- Ajahn Sumedho’s book, “Now is the Knowing”, read second chapter on Anapanasati
- Keep It Simple: The gift of awareness by Andrew Olendzki Tricycle Summer 2014
- Samadhi: The arising of the five jhanic factors and the abandoning of the five hindrances