To make a gift online, either specify a one-time donation or a recurring donation in the form below. Payments are processed through Paypal; you can donate without having a Paypal account.
It’s important to make sure you designate your gift correctly. Otherwise, your donation won’t support the teachers or fund you intended.
- If you’d like to support the general fund, enter “General Fund” in the box below. Common Ground’s Staff Dharma Teachers Mark Nunberg and Shelly Graf receive their livelihood from this fund.
- If you’d like to support our retreat property, enter “Prairie Farm.”
- If you’d like to support another teacher besides Mark or Shelly, please review the list of teachers below and when you make your donation, enter the name of the teacher(s) whose program you attended. 2/3 of the donation supports the teacher(s) and 1/3 supports the general operations of the center.
Here is a list of teachers at the center:
- Dharma Teachers: Wynn Fricke, Ramesh Sairam, Gabe Keller Flores, Stacy McClendon, Gail Iverson, Patrice Koelsch
- Practitioners of Color Practice Group Teachers: Stacy McClendon, Meski Mebatsion, Femi Akinnagbe
- Mindful Self-Compassion Teachers: Jane Rauenhorst & Jean Haley, Jean Fagerstrom & Mary Clark
- Nurturing Well-Being Teacher: Robb Reed
- Mindfulness, Recovery, and Twelve Steps Teachers: Charlie B, Gail I, April H, Marc J, Spruce K, Mary G
- Dharma Among Us: enter “Dharma Among Us”
- For EcoSangha meetings, enter “EcoSangha”
- Yoga Teachers: Myra Rucker, Nancy Boler
- Qigong Teachers: Steve Compton, Autumn Compton, Mark Nunberg
- Grief & Loss Workshop: Merra Young & Ellen Hufschmidt
- Steve Armstrong and Kamala Masters
- Devon and Craig Hase
OTHER WAYS TO DONATE
- Mailing a check. You may mail your gift to: Common Ground Meditation Center, 2700 E. 26th St., Minneapolis, MN 55406. Be sure to write the name of the teacher on the memo line.
Scheduling a regular electronic deduction from your bank account helps simplify the center’s bookkeeping. It’s easier for us if the bank can send a paper check. All you need to do is to give your bank our mailing address. Most banks don’t charge for this service.The address is:Common Ground Meditation Center2700 E. 26th StreetMinneapolis, MN 55406
- Sending money with PayPal. If you have a PayPal account you can send a donation directly to email@example.com.
THE PRACTICE OF DANA
Generosity or “dana” as spiritual practice invites us to explore the effects of giving and receiving freely. Mindful giving and receiving frees the heart of clinging. It is an opportunity to see fear, greed, and confusion, as well as the basic goodness of a generous act, which leads to both joy and wisdom.
Because each person’s circumstances are different, we do not provide suggested donations or constant reminders to give. The center, however, is completely dependent on your gifts. Your contributions pay for all the center’s expenses: maintaining the center’s building, our administrative staff, and Mark Nunberg’s support as the Guiding Teacher. Other teachers at the center receive support based on the contributions offered at their programs; they receive two-thirds and the other third is used to support the Center’s operations.
More reflections on generosity: An article by Mark Nunberg, Generosity: The Art of Being Happy.
Reflections and stories from teachers and community members.