Openings in Sutta Study Groups
Common Ground has three Sutta Study Groups that meet on the first Saturday morning of each month to study the teachings of the Buddha and to strengthen relationships among committed practitioners and leaders. The groups are now accepting applications for new members, who will join the groups starting in April. There are 6 open slots in the existing groups for which a lottery will be run on February 17th. Apply before February 17th to be included in the lottery.
The groups are open to community members who meet the following criteria:
- Has had a Buddhist mindfulness practice for five or more years.
- Has a commitment to daily sitting practice.
- Participants should have done substantial residential retreat practice in the vipassana/insight meditation tradition. (For example, two nine day retreats or three 4-5 day retreats or some equivalent intensive practice experience.)
- Members of the sutta study group should be interested in studying and reflecting on the original source material of the Buddha’s discourses.
There are three groups:
- 7:30-9:00am section (has been meeting both in-person and online)
- 9:10-10:40am section (historically met in-person but has been meeting online during the pandemic)
- 11:00am-12:30pm section (exclusively online)
To fill out the application to join one of these groups, click here.
Leave a Reply