Next Common Ground Book Club Meeting on Oct 25th to Discuss How to Be an Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi
The Common Ground Book Club invites you to join the next round of reading and discussion on the book, How to Be an Anti-Racist by Ibram X. Kendi!
When: October 25 th from 8:45am-10:15am. Zoom link here.
A Little History about the CG Book Club:
The CG Book Club group started in 2017 after the first Anti-racist Study Dialogue Group Circle (ASDIC) at Common Ground. The group’s purpose is to provide a forum for community members to practice thoughtful reflection on themes related to social justice.
Books Previously Read and Discussed:
- The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color Blindness by Michelle Alexander
- A Good Time for the Truth: Race in Minnesota edited by Sun Yung Shi,
- The Warmth of Other Suns: The Epic Story of America’s Great Migration by Isabel Wilkerson,
- Radical Dharma by Rev. angel Kyodo Williams, Lama Rod Owens, Jasmine Syedullah, PhD
- My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Ours Hearts and
Bodies by Resmaa Menakem
- Awakening Together: The Spiritual Practice of Inclusivity and Community by Larry Yang,
- We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Sing Unburied Sing by Jesmyn Ward
- The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America by Richard Rothstein
- The Moment of Lift: How Empowering Women Changes the World by Melinda Gates
- White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo
For more information or to be included in the CG Book club email list contact April Hanson, Facilitator at