Welcome to Common Ground! This page will summarize our different offerings. To find the links to participate, visit our Calendar page. A good way to stay up to date on upcoming offerings is to join our weekly email list, here. All times listed are in central time.
Weekly Practice Groups
Currently we offer two Weekly Practice Groups a week. These are a cornerstone of our programming, led by our two staff Dharma teachers, Mark Nunberg and Shelly Graf. They feature a guided meditation, a talk, and discussion and are accessible to beginners and experienced mindfulness practitioners alike.
- Sunday, 10:30-11:45am with Mark on Youtube
- Wednesday, 7:30-9:00pm with Shelly on Zoom
Practitioners of Color Practice Group
The People of Color Practice Group gathers to explore our spiritual path through meditation and the teachings of the Buddha, honoring our shared experience, while cultivating mindfulness, wisdom, and joy in our community. Practitioners of color looking for support in their practice are invited to join this group on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. This meeting will be offered over Zoom. For more information, contact Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mindfulness, Recovery, and the Twelve Steps Weekly Practice Group
This ongoing program is for those seeking spiritual development by practicing the principles of the Twelve Steps and the Buddha’s teachings in everyday life. This program supplements recovery and is designed to reveal to us that consistent mindfulness practice greatly benefits our spiritual progress.
This ongoing practice group meets every Friday, 7:00-8:30pm over Zoom and is open to all who have an interest in mindfulness and the Twelve Steps recovery pathways. No need to register, just come.
Weekly Lovingkindness Practice Group
Fridays, 6:00-8:30pm: This weekly practice group is for people interested in developing the heart by training in the four beautiful emotions of lovingkindness (metta), compassion, empathetic joy, and equanimity. Each session includes instruction, a guided meditation, a short dharma talk, and time for questions and discussion. Both experienced and beginning meditators are welcome, no registration necessary.
We currently offer Daylong, Half-Day, and multi-day online retreats. Check the Retreats tab on the main menu for more info about upcoming retreats.
We offer three weekly Mindful Yoga classes:
- Monday, 5:30-6:45pm over Zoom with Myra Rucker
- Tuesday, 5:30-6:45 on Youtube with Nancy Boler (Level 2)
- Friday, 9:30-10:45am on Youtube with Nancy Boler
There are smaller Zoom community groups that meet regularly, like:
- Millenials Sangha, 4th Friday of the month, 7:00-8:30pm
- Christianity-Buddhism Community Group, one Saturday morning a month, check calendar or email email@example.com for more info
- Support Group for Friends of People with Mental Illness, second Sunday of the month, 1:00-2:30pm; For more info text Jean: 612-423-2926
- Refirement Community Group, Third Thursday of the month, 12:00-1:00pm
- Dharma Friends & Discussion, every other Sunday, 7:00-8:00pm
- Community Group for Organizers & Social Justice Activists, second Thursday of the month, 6:00-7:30pm
- Common Ground Book Club that reads books on race and racism; certain Sunday mornings; contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
And Much More!