Welcome to Common Ground! This page will summarize our different offerings. To find the links to participate, visit our Calendar page. A good way to stay up to date on upcoming offerings is to join our weekly email list, here. All times listed are in central time.
Weekly Practice Groups
Currently we offer two Weekly Practice Groups a week. These are a cornerstone of our programming, led by our two staff Dharma teachers, Mark Nunberg and Shelly Graf. They feature a guided meditation, a talk, and discussion and are accessible to beginners and experienced mindfulness practitioners alike.
- Sunday, 10:30-11:45am with Mark on Zoom
- Wednesday, 7:30-9:00pm with Shelly on Zoom
Practitioners of Color Practice Group
The People of Color Practice Group gathers to explore our spiritual path through meditation and the teachings of the Buddha, honoring our shared experience, while cultivating mindfulness, wisdom, and joy in our community. Practitioners of color looking for support in their practice are invited to join this group on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. This meeting will be offered over Zoom. For more information, contact Stacy at email@example.com.
Weekly Lovingkindness Practice Group
Fridays, 6:00-8:30pm: This weekly practice group is for people interested in developing the heart by training in the four beautiful emotions of lovingkindness (metta), compassion, empathetic joy, and equanimity. Each session includes instruction, a guided meditation, a short dharma talk, and time for questions and discussion. Both experienced and beginning meditators are welcome, no registration necessary.
Community Practice Check-Ins
Tuesdays, 12:00-1:00pm. Please join in for a guided meditation and Community conversation and Q&A about our practice. Led by Stacy McClendon & Mark Nunberg. (Over Zoom.)
Wynn Fricke & Mark Nunberg also offer a Community Practice Check-In the Third Saturday of every month from 8:00-9:00am. (Over Zoom.)
We currently offer Daylong, Half-Day, and multi-day online retreats. Check the Retreats tab on the main menu for more info about upcoming retreats.
Common Ground Retreat at PF is currently closed for public programs due to COVID, except for occasional work retreats.
Dharma Among Us
Tuesdays, 7:00-8:30pm. A rotating group of teachers will share their practice with the community on these special evenings of dharma. Honoring the diversity of human experience among us, we work with the variety of conditions alive in our hearts, lives and communities. Come, talk, and listen together. Through our sharing, we will feel more deeply into the liberative teachings of the Buddha and their full capacity to guide us and unite us at this unique moment in time. No experience necessary. (Over Zoom.)
Mindfulness, Recovery, and the Twelve Steps Weekly Practice Group
This ongoing program is for those seeking spiritual development by practicing the principles of the Twelve Steps and the Buddha’s teachings in everyday life. This program supplements recovery and is designed to reveal to us that consistent mindfulness practice greatly benefits our spiritual progress.
This ongoing practice group meets every Friday, 7:00-8:30pm over Zoom and is open to all who have an interest in mindfulness and the Twelve Steps recovery pathways. No need to register, just come.
We offer three weekly Mindful Yoga classes:
- Monday, 5:30-6:45pm over Zoom with Myra Rucker
- Tuesday, 5:30-6:45 on Youtube with Nancy Boler (Level 2)
- Friday, 9:30-10:45am on Youtube with Nancy Boler
Qigong is offered weekly on Wednesdays at 9:30am by Autumn Compton on our Youtube channel.
There are smaller Zoom community groups that meet regularly, like:
- Millenials Sangha, 4th Friday of the month, 7:00-8:30pm
- Christianity-Buddhism Community Group, one Saturday morning a month, check calendar or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- Support Group for Friends of People with Mental Illness, second Sunday of the month, 1:00-2:30pm; For more info text Jean: 612-423-2926
- Refirement Community Group, Third Thursday of the month, 12:00-1:00pm
- Dharma Friends & Discussion, every other Sunday, 7:00-8:00pm
- Community Group for Organizers & Social Justice Activists, second Thursday of the month, 6:00-7:30pm
- Common Ground Book Club that reads books on race and racism; certain Sunday mornings; contact: email@example.com
And Much More!