Welcome to Common Ground! This page will summarize our different online offerings. To find the links to participate, visit our Calendar page. We are now offering select in-person programs as well; visit this page for more info on those.
A good way to stay up to date on upcoming offerings is to join our weekly email list, here.
All times listed are in central time.
Weekly Practice Groups
Currently we offer two online Weekly Practice Groups a week and a Sunday evening group in person. These are a cornerstone of our programming, led by our two co-Guiding Teachers, Mark Nunberg and Shelly Graf. They feature a guided meditation, a talk, and discussion and are accessible to beginners and experienced mindfulness practitioners alike.
- Sunday, 10:30-11:45am with Mark In person and on Zoom
- Sunday, 7:00-8:30pm with Mark In Person
- Wednesday, 7:30-9:00pm with Shelly on Zoom
Lovingkindness Practice Group
This weekly practice group is for people interested in developing the heart by training in the four beautiful emotions of lovingkindness (metta), compassion, empathetic joy, and equanimity. Each session includes instruction, a guided meditation, a short dharma talk, and time for questions and discussion. Both experienced and beginning meditators are welcome, no registration necessary.
- Led by Mark Nunberg and Stacy McClendon, First Friday of the Month 7:00-8:30pm in person and via Zoom
Community Practice Check-Ins
Please join in for a guided meditation and Community conversation and Q&R about our practice. These small group programs are great ways share the dharma in a more intimate setting and to get to know others in the community. Check the calendar for up to date Zoom links.
- Led by Stacy McClendon, Tuesdays, 12:00-1:00pm via Zoom.
This group is led by Stacy McClendon each week, joined by Mark Nunberg on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month.
- Led by Shelly Graf on Wednesday morning 8:30-9:30am, in person and Fridays from 9:00-10:00am via Zoom.
Every other Friday morning we devote our time to a discussion about whiteness. All are welcome
- Led by Wynn Fricke & Mark Nunberg every Sunday from 4:30-5:30pm via Zoom
- Ramesh Sairam offers a similar program: Dharma Practice Reflections every other Saturday from 10:30am-12:00pm via Zoom
We currently offer Daylong, Half-Day, and multi-day retreats. Check the Retreats tab on the main menu for more info about upcoming retreats.
Common Ground Retreat Center is currently open for public practice periods, see the CG Retreat Center tab in the main menu for more info on upcoming practice periods.
Open meditation is available on a drop-in basis every morning starting at 6:30 am, and some evenings, for anyone wishing to practice silent sitting meditation. Please arrive and depart the meditation hall upon hearing the meditation bell, which is rung every 30 minutes. Stay for as many half hour periods as you would like. Check the public calendar for dates and times
Virtual Teacher Led Meditation
Common Ground offers a 45 minute guided meditation by one of Common Ground’s teachers Monday-Saturday mornings, 6:30-7:15am.
Common Ground is not currently requiring masks or vaccinations. Read more here.
Common Ground offers all programs freely in the spirit of generosity. If you’d like to learn more about how we operate or want to volunteer or donate, visit https://commongroundmeditation.org/about/supporting-the-center. The leaders/facilitators for this program are not acting in a formal teaching role. As such, all donations made in support for this program can be made out to Common Ground’s general fund (i.e. not designated to a particular teacher or fund).There are both Daily. See Calendar for details
Mindfulness, Recovery, and the Twelve Steps Weekly Practice Group
This ongoing program is for those seeking spiritual development by practicing the principles of the Twelve Steps and the Buddha’s teachings in everyday life. This program supplements recovery and is designed to reveal to us that consistent mindfulness practice greatly benefits our spiritual progress.
- This ongoing practice group meets every Friday 7:00-8:30pm both in person and over Zoom and is open to all who have an interest in mindfulness and the Twelve Steps recovery pathways. No need to register, just come.
We offer three weekly Mindful Yoga classes:
- Mondays, 5:30-6:45pm over Zoom with Myra Rucker
- Mondays, 5:30-6:30pm in-Person only with Nancy Boler
- Wednesdays, 12:05am-1:15am in-person only with Nancy Boler
- Fridays, 9:30-10:45am on Zoom and in-person with Nancy Boler
Qigong is a deeply satisfying healing practice that integrates mindful awareness, breath, and movement. Please join us, no need to register.
- Wednesdays 9:30 – 10:30 am with Autumn Compton and Steve Compton in person
- Fridays 10:00-11:00 am with Autumn Compton on our Youtube channel.
Community Groups is the general name given to refer to a diverse collection of formal and informal practice opportunities sponsored by Common Ground Meditation Center. Community Groups are led by experienced community members who act as volunteer facilitators. To see the list of current community groups, click here.