Mindfulness Recovery Meetings
- Common Ground Meditation Center
- Minnesota Zen Center, Minneapolis, MN: 12 Steps of Recovery and Buddhism
- Thursdays, 7:00-8:15 pm
- Zoom link: http://us02web.zoom.us/j/841396273339
- Contact: See this group’s calendar: https://sites.google.com/site/recoverymeeting/calendar
- Address: 3348 East Bde Maka Ska Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55408
- Phone: 612-822-5313
- Website: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buddhist Recovery Network (Kevin Griffin), Online Meetings List: https://www.buddhistrecovery.org/online-meetings.htm.
- Clouds in Water, St. Paul, MN: 12 Step & Buddhism Meeting
- Mondays, 7:00-8:30 pm
- Contact: Please direct questions to: roguerican -at- gmail.com
- Address: 445 Farrington Street, St. Paul, MN 55103
- Phone: 651-222-6968 ·
- Website: https://cloudsinwater.org/
- What is Mindful Awareness Practice? AND How and Why We Sit by Mark Nunberg; https://commongroundmeditation.org/intro-to-meditation/
- Addiction and Recovery: How Mindfulness May Help: an article on the university of Southern California for Social Work website. https://msw.usc.edu/mswusc-blog/addiction-recovery-mindfulness-exercises/
- Mindfulness Therapy as an Addiction Treatment, an article in “Verywellmind.com” https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-mindfulness-21854
- Mindfulness Tips for People with Addictive Personalities or Backgrounds with TraumaBy Charlie Borden
“7 Steps to Relaxing your Body,” written instructions by Susan Baure-Wu of the Mind and Life Institute https://www.mindful.org/7-steps-to-relax-your-body/
Written walking meditation instructions by Gil Fronsdale founding teacher of Insight Meditation Society https://www.insightmeditationcenter.org/books-articles/instructions-for-walking-meditation/
How to practice progressive muscle relaxation on VeryWellMind.com https://www.verywellmind.com/how-do-i-practice-progressive-muscle-relaxation-3024400
Talks and Guided Meditations
- Walking meditations from Dharma Seed.org https://dharmaseed.org/talks/?
- Audio Loving Kindness Mediation by Mark Nunberg, guiding teacher of Common Ground Meditation Center. 23 Minutes https://cgmc.dharmaseed.org/talks/audio_player/543/30403.html
- Audio walking mediations from Jill Shepherd, a longtime teacher at IMS https://dharmaseed.org/talks/audio_player/637/51445.html
- A three minute scan, written and audio by Diane Winston of Spirit Rock Mediation Center https://www.mindful.org/a-3-minute-body-scan-meditation-to-cultivate-mindfulness/
- Audio 16 minute relaxation exercise by Tara Brach, a cofounder of IFS https://www.tarabrach.com/meditation-breath-breath-2/
This page includes handouts from the Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation Course with Mark Nunberg, links for getting started at Common Ground, and audio recordings including guided mediations and Marks talk “Understanding the Path.”
- Alcoholics Anonymous Big Book, New York: Alcoholics Anonymous World Service, 4th Edition, 2001 (free online: https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/alcoholics-anonymous ).
- One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps, by Kevin Griffin
- Buddhism & the Twelve Steps Workbook, by Kevin Griffin
- Recovering Joy by Kevin Griffin
- Refuge Recovery: A Buddhist Path to Recovering from Addiction, by Noah Levine
- Mindfulness and the 12 Steps: Living Recovery in the Present Moment, by Thérèse Jacobs-Stewart
- Mindful Recovery: A Spiritual Path to Healing from Addiction, by Thomas and Beverly Bien
- The Mindful Path to Addiction Recovery by Lawrence Peltz, MD
- The Mindful Way through Depression by Williams, Teasdale, Segal, Kabat-Zinn
- Therese Jacobs-Steward, Mindfulness and the 12 Steps, Simon and Schuster, 2010.
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, New York: Alcoholics Anonymous World Service, fortieth printing, 2004 (free online: https://www.aa.org/pages/en_US/twelve-steps-and-twelve-traditions).
- The Twelve-Step Buddhist by Darren Littlejohn
- Buddhist Recovery Network, https://www.buddhistrecovery.org/academyteacher/name/Kevin+Griffin.
- Common Ground Meditation Center, https://commongroundmeditation.org/.
- Dharma Seed, https://dharmaseed.org/.
- Refuge Recovery, https://refugerecovery.org/.
- White Lotus Judith Ragir, 12 Steps and Buddhism Audio, https://www.judithragir.org/.